Medically complex care
Patients with medically complex conditions receive daily physician visits. Individualized treatment plans can include 24-hour respiratory therapy as well as physical, occupational or speech therapy. Nutritional counseling, radiology and laboratory services, and a clinical pharmacist are also available.
We make recovery possible
Select Specialty Hospital’s interdisciplinary team is led by a physician and includes nurses; physical, occupational, respiratory and speech therapists; dietitians; pharmacists; case managers and other clinical and support staff, as needed.
Patients come to us with a variety of conditions, including:
- Prolonged surgical recovery from general, cardiac, thoracic or gastric conditions
- Traumatic injury, including spinal cord, head injury, cerebral hemorrhage, or orthopedic complications
- Long-term intravenous antibiotics
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Renal failure
- Multi-system complications
- Uncontrolled diabetes
Treatment, as directed by a physician, is tailored to your specific medical, physical and functional needs and goals, all targeted to help:
- Restore physical abilities
- Build strength and endurance
- Minimize pain
- Improve balance and mobility
- Begin building skill in daily activities
- Avoid complications
We will work closely with you, your family, physician and/or the referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to Select Specialty Hospital.