Focused on the heart of recovery
Our highly trained care teams, including dedicated telemetry technicians, manage patients who have survived complex, life-saving treatments including Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD), extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, multiple bypass surgery, along with congestive heart failure and cardiac arrest.
We make recovery possible
Select Specialty Hospitals manage post-surgical healing and prepare you for cardiac rehabilitation or to return home.
Care is led by a physician and the team may include nurses; physical, occupational and respiratory therapists; speech language pathologists; dietitians; case managers and other clinical and support staff, as needed. We also work closely with your cardiologist, surgeon and other physicians.
Select Specialty Hospitals' programs focus on skills, strategies and techniques you need to restore strength, avoid complications and move forward safely and confidently. Your team will establish specific cardiac parameters and monitor you closely, particularly during exercise, rest periods and recovery after exercise. In addition, we will provide the care and extensive training to help you:
- Protect your incision while dressing, grooming and bathing
- Practice sternal precautions
- Follow guidelines to minimize pain, swelling and the risk of potential complications
- Maintain blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Improve any vocal or swallowing issues
- Use adaptive equipment to facilitate self-care activities
- Safely transfer to a chair, commode or shower
- Move in and out of bed and turn properly
- Adapt new ways of performing daily activities
- Conserve energy
- Prepare you to begin a cardiac rehabilitation program under the direction of your cardiologist or surgeon
Our patients say it best
“I learned I am stronger than I thought, and how resilient I am.”
Individualized treatment for cardiac conditions. Let us help.
We will work closely with you, your family, cardiologist and/or surgeon and referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to a Select Specialty Hospital.